As of 2 January 2023, Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices will be moved from their current location at K. Valdemāra iela 1B, Riga, to Bezdelīgu iela 3, Riga. The building located between the National Archives of Latvia and Vanšu Bridge hosts the cash processing centre of Latvijas Banka.
The customers who mainly used Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices to receive the services involving cash or the provision of Credit Register data, are kindly asked to visit the building at Bezdelīgu iela 3 housing Cashier's Offices. Automatic coin deposit machines will also be available there. They allow for depositing the coins saved in customers' "piggy banks" and crediting the amount equivalent to the value of coins to their bank accounts in a faster and more convenient manner.
Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices provide the following on-site services:
- exchange of lats banknotes and coins to euro banknotes and coins (at the official conversion rate, free of charge);
- replacement of damaged euro and lats banknotes and coins (if they fulfil the replacement conditions);
- authentication of suspicious banknotes and coins;
- exchange of euro banknotes or coins for euro banknotes or coins of other denominations (including "piggy banks", their exchange conditions);
- picking up collector coins and other numismatic products purchased on the website e-monetas.lv as well as 2 euro commemorative coin rolls (the dates and business hours for their pickup are announced at the time the purchases are made);
- cash transactions by credit institutions;
- the provision of Credit Register data by prior appointment in cases where a customer is unable to receive the relevant data remotely electronically (https://manidati.kreg.lv/?lang=EN or to the official e-address) or by mail. Please call 67022497 to make an appointment for receiving Credit Register data in person.
Purchase of collector coins and numismatic products is organised remotely only.
Information relevant to recipients of coin exchange ("piggy banks") services! Automatic coin deposit machines are located in the building at Bezdelīgu iela 3. The respective customer has to register in advance at https://siknauda.bank.lv/ specifying his/her bank account number and bank details. The customer will receive a user ID and will create a password to be used when crediting coins to the account. Registration is required only once, the assigned user ID and password are permanent to be used whenever coins are exchanged.
Where the number of the coins to be exchanged is below 100, it will also be possible to exchange them in person, as before, and to receive euro banknotes and coins of the exact denomination the customer wishes to obtain (customers willing to transfer the money to their bank account will receive it in a matter of minutes provided that the account is opened with the bank having introduced instant payments).
Business hours of Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices:
- Monday–Thursday from 8.30 to 16.30;
- Friday from 8.30 to 15.30;
- on the days before holidays, the working day is an hour shorter respectively (please follow the information published on the website www.bank.lv).
For customer consideration! Please feel free to visit Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices on foot, by bicycle or public transport (public transport stops: "Valsts arhīvs", "Kalnciema iela", "Slokas iela", "Baložu iela").
The parking lot situated at the building of Cashier's Offices is available for parking vehicles while using services provided by Latvijas Banka. It is mainly intended for people arriving in Riga from other parts of Latvia as well as for persons with reduced mobility. The premises of Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices are adapted and properly equipped to meet the needs of persons with reduced mobility.
The above parking lot cannot be accessed directly from K. Valdemāra iela. One should bypass the parking lot along Slokas, Mārtiņa and Daugavgrīvas iela, turning right from Daugavgrīvas iela before K. Valdemāra iela (see the appended scheme).
30 December 2022 will be the last working day of Latvijas Banka Cashier's Offices located at K. Valdemāra iela 1B. After that they will be closed for the public, and the premises will be transformed to create an appropriate working environment for staff following the merger of Latvijas Banka and the Financial and Capital Market Commission.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com or by phone 67022300.